Friends of Bocking Windmill



 
The windmill is a postmill with a two storey roundhouse and has been in Church Street Bocking since 1721. It was moved 200 yards up the hill to its present site in 1829 by John English Tabor. It was valued at £270, £208 of this was to repay a debt owing to Tabor.
The mill was worked until 1929 when it was presented to Bocking Parish Council by Mr Edward Tabor.
Then it gradually fell into disrepair until 1962-3 when it was restored partly by public subscription and partly by Braintree and Bocking UDC.
The Friends of Bocking Windmill was formed at that time and has continued to open the mill to the public until the present day.








 
Bocking Windmill is owned by Braintree District Council and run by the Friends of Bocking Windmill
Community Web Kit provided free by BT